What should I do to prepare for my SimplyGlowing spray tanning session?
- Wax or shave 24 hours before your appointment.
- Make sure manicure and pedicures are done 24 hours before tanning session.
- EXFOLIATE at least 4 hours before your tanning appointment.
- DO NOT use exfoliating body washes or scrubs that are oil based.
- Best way to exfoliate is to soak in a hot bath for 10 minutes, then scrub skin well with an exfoliating mitt. DO NOT use soap/body wash when exfoliating skin. After bathing rub vigorously with towel to dry off.
- Do not have any lotions, deodorant, or makeup on your skin.
- Make sure you have dark, loose clothes (no jeans or workout pants) to wear after your appointment. Also, remember to have flip-flops (no shoes with straps or sneakers.)
You may wear whatever you are most comfortable in durning your session, TAN LINES OPTIONAL. All males must be covered.
What are the “Do’s and Don’ts” after my tanning appointment?
- Avoid contact with water and sweating 6-8 hours after appointment.
- Take gentle showers (NO BATHS) the next 7-10 days.
- Do not use a loofah or scrub skin.
- Ph balanced body washes are best for airbrushed skin. DO NOT use Dove, Oil Of Olay, or any deodorant soaps!
- Always pat skin dry with a towel after your shower.
- MOISTURIZE, MOISTURIZE, MOISTURIZE daily to hydrate skin!
- Do NOT use products that contain mineral oil, alpha hydroxy acids, alcohol or acne washes on skin.
- Aways use SPF, an airbrush tan does not protect your skin from harmful UV rays.